Monday, November 9, 2009

Raven Run

I took the kids to Raven Run Nature Sanctuary in Lexington today. We've been having a few days of unseasonably warm weather. Thinking this might be our last opportunity to make it out there till Spring, we packed up and headed off to hike the KY river overlook trail.

Ethan did fantastically on the hike out, about a mile and half, maybe more. Raina bounded along happily after her brother, refusing to get into the backpack till she'd fallen a few times. Finally, she got tired enough, accepted a snack, and let me put her in the pack. She passed out a few minutes later. I love taking Ethan hiking because I can fully engage in conversation with him, and as we all know, the boy loves to talk. The whole outing becomes a two to three hour ecology lesson. He racks my brain with endless questions, and asks more than a few with deep, complex answers that I can't fully explain. He's so smart!

The walk back was a bit more difficult, as he was very tired and hungry. He complained a lot, but was still able to be distracted by birds and trees and the promise of lunch. Here's a few photos of today's adventure:













No comments:

Post a Comment